Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
* Analyze base-line schedules against an executed schedule to determine the accuracy of the claim and any delay impact upon the schedule.
* Analyze all alleged delay impact and determine whether caused by the contractor or other principal parties.
* Analyze escalation costs caused by labor wage rate increases and material increases. * Work with Manager, Construction Claims, and Claims Team to analyze conditions to determine responsibilities for General Conditions costs, and in the recommendation of enforcement measurements, or release from liquidated damages and calculate appropriate assessment. * Support the Claims Team in maintaining the WTCC claims database and claims records. * Present analysis and advice regarding claim issues including schedule delay, productivity, labor and material escalation, design issues, and contract interpretation for use in negotiations with contractors and other parties. * Closely liaise with directors, managers, their staff and other specialists, and contractors to develop claims resolution strategies. * Provide advice across a wide range of concurrent projects encompassing civil, MEP works and other specialist systems contracts. * Maintain a diplomatic demeanor in a highly stressful environment with a variety of stakeholders and clients, internal and external. * Prepare reports, graphics, correspondence, and abstracts of contracts. * Present findings and opinions in an adversarial setting. * Conduct weekly visits to the construction site. * Participate in Contract closeout process. * Attend and conduct meetings with all levels of managers and contractors.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Preferred Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field from an accredited university. * Preferred two (2) years of experience in evaluating construction Change Orders or claims. * Experience reading and interpreting construction documents and drawings. *
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Candidate should be familiar with assessing damages related to delays, acceleration and extensions of time such as extended general conditions, escalation, home office overhead, and loss of productivity. * Knowledge and experience relating to delay analysis techniques and methodologies, calculating and analyzing productivity losses, ability to interpret contracts and specifications and ability to interpret architectural/engineering drawings. * Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe. * Knowledge and understanding of complex, high value professional service contracts. * Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. * Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels. * Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. * Excellent organizational skills. * Proficiency in Microsoft Office, project management software, Primavera P6 and/or other industry related software.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://panynj.contacthr.com/54138053