Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Type: Full Time
OCMI, Inc. ( OCMI ) is a full service, independent construction management company with over 40 years’ experience in the industry. We have offices in Dallas, Las Vegas, Seattle, Charlotte, Washington D.C., and throughout California, serving a broad range of markets: Federal Government, Infrastructure, Energy, Education, Hospitality, Healthcare, and Commercial/Retail. Our diverse staff includes Construction Managers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Estimators, and Scheduling experts.
OCMI, Inc. is growing and seeking a full-time dynamic, success driven Program Planner to join our team on a multi-year, large-scale active construction program located in New Haven, CT. In this role, you will provide highly responsive planning services in one of the firm’s core business lines. If you are passionate about planning and relate to OCMI’s core values of curiosity, meaningful service, and integrity, then we would like to hear from you!
The Program Planner duties include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with the administration and stakeholder teams to support research growth and other Capital Program initiatives and aid in the development of the long-term capital planning process
- Provide briefings, presentations, and other meetings to support project objectives
- Develop long range planning models
- Provide recommendations on comprehensive planning and design issues, studies, and special projects
- Quality control and assurance for institutional objectives and strategies for departmental stakeholders
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates project budgets, scopes, and schedules
- Validate conformance to applicable specifications, codes, regulations, design standards
- Confirm projects are completed within the approved budged and schedule, and in conformance with applicable codes, zoning and other regulations
- Oversee and perform comprehensive planning exercises
- Work performed by outside and in-house consultants, inclusive of architects and engineers
- Primary liaison and contact for project architects, consultants, building committees, technical and operations groups, and other staff members
- A minimum of 7 years of Planning experience; 10 years of experience in Architecture and / or Planning preferred
- Prior experience planning complex mechanical, electrical, and plumbing renovation projects < $50 million, preferably in an occupied facility
- Prior experience with laboratory, research, and academic building projects / programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning with an active Architectural Registration (preferred)
- LEED Certification (preferred)
- Strong self-starter and with ability to work independently on-site while collaborating with corporate team as needed
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to manage challenging, multi-faceted projects.
- Well versed in all construction industry delivery methods.
- Advance proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as Bluebeam & other industry standard software.
- Ability to successfully pass a thorough criminal background
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include:
- Company sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Program with a Company Match
- Paid Holidays / Sick Leave / Vacation Accrual
- Company Team Building & Comradery Events
OCMI,Inc. (OCMI) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. OCMI does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.