Raleigh, North Carolina
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Type: Full Time
Salary: $100K + DOE
Internal Number: 032823
The Senior Scheduler & Project Controls Specialist holds the responsibility and authority for coordination and direction of assigned projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget while meeting our defined quality standards – exceeding each client’s expectations.
Success in this position is defined by directly applying your technical skills and knowledge to monitor project progress and perform cost analysis while developing and maintaining project schedules. This work will include providing the project team with data and reports to support project planning and execution on a wide range of construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience (at least 10+ years) in the construction industry, display a strong work ethic, have a commitment to excellence, enjoy learning new skills, and desire to work in a leadership role within a collaborative team in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Kirschner Contractors is growing and looking for a construction leader. If you have extensive construction scheduling experience, incredible communication skills, exceptional customer service abilities, and are detail-oriented, we want to talk with you.
The Senior Scheduler position is based out of O’ahu, Hawaii. Some inter-island and mainland travel may be required based on job scope.
Experience the spirit of aloha on O’ahu and enjoy outdoor living 365 days a year with the island’s temperate climate and beautiful scenery from all parts of the islands. Mountains and beaches are never further than a few minutes away. Hawai’i is perfect for the outdoor lover with an abundance of opportunities for hiking and ocean sports.
The Kirschner Contractors team brings decades of actual “hands-on” construction and management experience, having successfully completed hundreds of projects totaling billions of dollars. This includes commercial, industrial, and heavy/civil projects on private, government, and federal contracts across the globe.
Our company promotes “best practices” and utilizes the latest software applications in the execution of our projects. We work with owners, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers. We pride ourselves on attention to detail, professional care, and a timely work product in providing our services.
As a Woman-Owned Small Business, our commitment to not only meet but to exceed our client’s expectations is our fundamental objective.
- Ten years minimum field experience on $20M+ projects
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management, business or equivalent preferred, or 15+ years of commensurate experience
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Proficient and a strong comfort level in MS Excel, with working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and report writing methods
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, while being able to adapt to change
- Proven ability to interact and multitask with project team members and clients
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members according to their skillsets, experience, and abilities
- Able to gain trust and connect with others, encourage collaboration, is cooperative, seen as a leader
- Able to effectively and proactively communicate in a variety of settings and styles; can learn new skills, knowledge, and technical abilities quickly
- Works hard to meet challenges and deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality
- Creative and innovative in planning and troubleshooting; able to focus on small details in addition to the overall picture
- Ability to travel as needed