Raleigh, North Carolina
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Type: Full Time
Why Join the Proactive™ Team?
- Career Growth Opportunities – Here at Proactive™, we bring all our individual talents together to create an unmatched team. A company is only as good as its team members, so we provide ours with the best work environment possible. We pride ourselves on professional and personal development for all our team members through training, transparent career paths, independent development plans, mentorship programs, and professional licenses/certifications. Proactive™ team members begin growing their career the moment they join our team.
- Work-Life Balance – Everyone knows the term “work-life balance” but what does that mean at Proactive™? Every position in our organization is fully remote. Working from home allows team members to spend less time commuting and offers more flexibility for personal interests outside of business hours. At least once a year, the Proactive team meets in a central location for company meetings and team building activities.
- Emotional Well-Being/Mental Health Support – Mental health is a priority at Proactive™, that’s why we participate in World Mental Health Day and offer Emotional Well-being Resources providing personalized, one-on-one coaching, on-demand webinars, mindfulness practices, and more. We understand everyone has commitments outside of work. Proactive™ encourages team members to take time off for appointments, family obligations, or to simply re-charge their batteries.
We have recently been named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2023 Best Places to Work for our commitment to employee engagement and an inclusive company culture. Day-to-day at Proactive™, we focus on collaboration, work-life balance, and creating a work environment where our employees can thrive.
Proactive™ (www.buildwithproactive.com) is a rapidly growing construction consulting organization. Our mission is to empower construction leaders to make good business decisions, relying on our best-in-class processes, technologies, data analysis, and people. Our vision is to drive positive change on more than $100 Billion in construction every year.
We work with the world's largest construction insurance companies, high profile construction owners in higher education and healthcare, and many of the nation's ENR top 100 construction managers/contractors. We offer consulting services in construction claims, construction cost analysis, scheduling, project controls, and Building Information Modeling. We work on marquee projects with construction values ranging from $20M to over $1B. We are consulting on over $10B in construction work in 30+ states and 5+ countries. Our team members are some of the best and brightest in the industry. We are focused on mentoring and developing our team members, so we are seeking individuals with a strong desire to learn and grow in their career.
We are searching for Construction Management Claims Consultant Professionals at all levels. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in the construction industry as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Cost Engineer, Project Controls Manager, Owner Representative, Claims Consultant, or other similar position.
The successful candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Review and analyze construction project documentation including contracts, change orders, payment applications, schedules, meeting minutes, monthly reports, and daily reports
- Cost data analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Preparation of technical reports
- Preparation of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to summarize findings
- Collaborate with clients to communicate results of document review and cost analysis
We are a growing firm focused on developing our people. Therefore, we are seeking individuals with a strong desire to learn and grow in their career, and who possess the following skills:
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a keen attention to detail and quality control
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and excellent listening skills
- Customer focused with a desire for process improvement
- Understanding of the terminology and scope of work associated with vertical commercial projects (hospitals, hotels, high-rise office buildings, etc.)
- Working knowledge of construction documentation including meeting minutes, owner reports, schedule narratives, payment applications, payroll records, contracts and change orders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a fully remote position, which requires a dedicated and non-disruptive work space.
Salary: Range depending on experience.
Benefits: Full medical, dental, vision coverage (company pays 75%); life and disability insurance (company pays 100%); 401k; paid vacation; paid sick/personal; paid holidays.
Proactive™ is an equal opportunity employer.