Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 77005
Reporting to the Engagement Manager and functionally to the Global Director, Risk Management, the incumbent in this role will support engagement teams in all aspects of risk management and ensures that the risk management plan developed for the engagement is aligned with the client’s project and investment guidelines.
This role will also assist the Global Director, Risk Management in furthering and growing the global Risk Management Practice and assists with the efforts to enhance the profile and effectiveness of the Risk Management function within the US Region.
· Develop effective relationships with clients, Pursuit and Engagement Managers and teams, Business Unit and Business Practices Directors
· Develop project-specific risk management plans
· Plan and facilitate risk workshops and risk reviews
· Plans and facilitate quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis
· Plan and facilitate hazard studies (i.e. HAZAN, HAZOPs) and other safety studies or hazard assessments (i.e. LOPA, SIL, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis)
· Plan and facilitate decision analysis and value engineering workshops
· Maintain project risk register to ensure all risks and their characteristics are appropriately and accurately documented; ensures risk response actions are being developed, executed, updated and completed as planned;
· Guide the engagements and business units through appropriate steps of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment and prepare realistic and actionable risk treatment plans for the identified threats and opportunities that are consistent with standard organizational practices and strategic objectives
· Provide Engagement Managers and Business Unit Directors with timely assessment of the current status of all risks, the occurrence of any triggers, the effectiveness of any treatment plans that are being executed and implementation recovery plans for those that are not working as expected
· Communicate and train engagement and business unit team members in risk management processes and procedures
· Assess the effectiveness of risk management processes across the organization and advise engagement and higher-level management on how to enhance risk management effectiveness over time
· Assist with the development of risk management procedures and functional guides.
· Contribute to fostering a knowledge sharing culture by actively participating in the risk knowledge networks and collaborative forums
· Assist the Global Director Risk Management with business development and client engagement
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Post-secondary degree from a recognized university, ideally in engineering or business. A professional risk or project management designation is desirable (i.e., CRM, PMI-RMP, GARP, PMP etc.,); MBA, PhD is nice to have.
· Minimum 5-to-10-year experience in a risk management role, workshop facilitation involving large groups of people, leading hazard study workshops (HAZAN, HAZOP, Construction and Commissioning Safety Studies) and other technical analysis techniques (i.e., LOPA, SIL, machine guarding). Process Safety Management or Process Safety Engineering experience or certification is nice to have.
· Expert knowledge in the application of International Risk Management Standards, i.e., ISO 31000, ISO 31010, IEC 62198, PRAM and PMI.
· Expert knowledge of the risk management process and know how to adapt it to the client and project needs; understand how risk creates value on projects.
· Expert knowledge with bow-tie analysis and related software
· Expert knowledge of quantitative models of cost and schedule, including quantitative risk analysis tools (i.e. @Risk, Safran, PRA)
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications; Working experience with modern risk management information systems and software. (i.e.. Predict!, CURA, ARM, etc.)
· Good understanding of and experience with project management, cost estimating and project scheduling principles, tools and techniques.
· Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills in English. Similar skills in a second language such as French, Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese are desirable.
· Ability to oversee the risk management programs of concurrent multiple projects.
· Ability to manage competing priorities effectively - routine requirement to work to deadlines imposed by client which might require completion of unplanned risk management activities in a short time frame.
· Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients; establish trust, credibility and respect.
· Skilled in the production of reports and presentations.
· Ability to travel to other Hatch offices or project sites as required, sometimes extensively and on a relatively short notice
· Must be a self-starter and problem solver, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team